The application process for the 2020 Kiplinger Fellowship in Digital Media will open on Oct. 13, 2019. The deadline for applying is Dec. 1 at 11 p.m. EST (U.S.)
The fellowship is April 19-24, 2020 at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism on the Ohio University campus in Athens, Ohio.
All applications for the upcoming fellowship must be made using this page and the link provided below.
- You must have at least five (5) years of professional experience in journalism. People currently employed in public relations, advertising, academics and college students are not eligible. Freelancers with five (5) or more years of work are eligible.
- Before beginning your application, please have your required material ready. This includes your links to sample work, reference contact information, your essay about why you want to be a KIplinger Fellow and your biography.
- If you do not have these items you will be required to end your application and you will have to start over the application process. This program won’t save your work for later.
- Your three work samples must be in English, or you must provide a transcript clearly marked with your name and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not provide work samples, a biography, an essay and references, you will automatically be disqualified.
- Our application process is sophisticated. You do not need to call or write to confirm your application. You will receive a prompt that your survey/application is complete.